Wednesday, October 28, 2009

North Cities Quilt Guild -- Placentia CA (Part 2)

As promised, the "Show & Tell" quilts from the North Cities members -- drum roll, please!



This picture is a little larger to enable you to see how detailed the embroidery is. I really like how stem stitch embroidery has gone from one color, such as "redwork" or "blackwork" to multiple colors. For a Halloween take on hand embroidery, click here to go to my blog write-up on Starry Night Hollows, a quilt store that had a very cool Crabapple Hill quilt done this way.


Speaking of Halloween, here are two quilts shown Monday night. The bottom one was made by Phyllis, the Program VP....














LOVE scrappy red and white!

Couldn't get the whole quilt in from where I was sitting, but the outer border is the same floral print as the squares....


This alphabet Christmas quilt is a Crabapple Hill pattern; it was made by Sheri Siedentop who owns The Quilt Cupboard. She says she sews at the shop by day and embroiders by night! That's a lady with a passion for fabric!

Today I've been working on a quilt for my friend Susan; I would very much like to get it in the mail tomorrow, but with packing for my next trip (leaving on Friday), just don't know if that's gonna happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...