Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pamella's Place -- Genesee Depot WI


Pam Gray and I met at Bernina University 2009 in San Francisco and I was delighted when she asked me to come to Wisconsin to teach the weekend retreat at Pine Forest Lodge. The whole deal got even better when I realized I was going to have the time on Monday morning to visit her quilt store before I had to go to the airport.


This bright star quilt drew me in because of the colors......


...but reading it was as much fun as looking! Bet somebody got really familiar with machine alphabet embroidery!
















This quilt in the Bernina area is intriguing -- it reminds me of some of the Mediterranean tile designs that I've seen in Morocco and Spain.


This is the upcoming Block of the Month project....











...and a closeup of the floral embroidery.





Small table runner quilts hang as banners over some very cute teddies....



And the thread room! Very cool! This is just one wall of it; there is just about every kind of thread imaginable in many dazzling colors!

For people who like to sew clothing, Pam has the kits, patterns and fabrics available from the Sewing Workshop as well as notions and bolts of fabric suitable for garment construction -- Pamella's Place is truly a full service sewing center!

For more information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...