Saturday, April 2, 2011

Today's Project


The border is all marked, which took most of a day, and I'm ready to do the free motion. Usually I do the border last, but since I want to bind this in the car tomorrow, I did all the straight stitching to stabilize the borders and am doing this part of the free motion first.


You've seen this stencil on my blog several times in different sizes. I love the graceful curves and use this design a lot; it's from The Stencil Company, #SCO-183-7.5. The 7.5 refers to the width, in inches, of the design.

The bobbin thread is Mettler 100% cotton silk finish thread in color #515, which is a gold-ish tan color; the top thread is Sulky rayon #1025, Mine Gold. Looks like I have my work cut out for me today! Tomorrow we have about a 6-1/2 hour drive up to the California Napa/Sonoma wine country. I was able to snag a reservation at Bouchon in Yountville for 5:45, so we'll have dinner first and then check into our hotel in Rohnert Park. We've stayed there before and it's a good base for all of our running around to the wineries and restaurants we want to visit. Looking at my restaurant reservations for the next four days -- Bouchon, Bistro Jeanty, Cafe La Haye and Barndiva -- not to mention wine tasting and good breakfasts and lunches, it's a good thing I hit my goal weight this week! Bet it's not the same next week when I weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...