Sunday, June 14, 2015

Quilt Market Revisited

The other cool thing about Quilt Market is that I get to connect with lots of colleagues -- some of which I am lucky enough to count as my "real" friends vs "facebook" friends.  One of these is Angie Stevenson, owner of Lunch Box Quilts.  I love Angie's style and how she combines applique and embroidery and makes these wonderful quilts using the embroidery features of her domestic machines. 



I had admired Sew Vintage when I saw it at Quilt Market last fall in Houston and Angie gave me the pattern -- yay! -- along with...


the embroidered recipe towel pattern -- there are some very yummy recipes included here!


And her brand new pattern, Wilderness Wildlife.  I love the little patchwork blocks that are also done in the embroidery hoop!  And the deer!  And the moose(s)?!  It's all so fun and makes me wish I had a cabin in the woods. 

I am currently working on one of Angie's previous patterns called Ooh La La -- it has the Eiffel Tower, a poodle, and many other Paris inspired motifs.  My local quilt shop and BERNINA dealer, Bolts in the Bathtub, had a completed Ooh La La displayed in the store made by Peggy Vachon, who works there.  Peggy's was done in completely different colors from the original pattern and was stunning, but I'm going with the pink, black and white -- of course!!

I've been traveling -- I taught my Fluff & Stuff class in Idaho Falls, ID on Monday and Tuesday.  Wednesday was my transition day to get to Boise, where I taught the same class Thursday and Friday.  I flew home yesterday, get to swap suitcases (from work mode to play mode) and leave again.  I have definitely been bitten by the travel bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...