Thursday, October 19, 2017

Catching Up

When I updated my iPad and iPhone to ios11 a few things happened, one of which I lost the ability to add photos to my blog posts. I type the post, pull up the photo, click done and — POOF — I’m kicked right out of the program. And what is a quilting blog without photos?

So now I am typing my blogs to my fabulous and most capable assistant Monica for her to publish. I would love to be able to do this all-by-myself-like-a-grownup again, so if any of you are on ios11 and are publishing your blog using your iPad and iPhone successfully, please leave a comment so that I can go there NOW!

Last blog post was October 2, which not so coincidentally was when I updated. So, since then...







I’m still working on my Blocks of the Day; here are the ones I finished between October 3rd and 6th, when I flew out to the Dutchess Heritage Quilt Show, in Poughkeepsie NY.



I’ve also still been working on the Matrix blocks as my leaders/enders quilt; this is going to take a good long time, which is just fine.




Another thing I did during that week was to piece together the Minions quilt, which was my Block of the Day for all of 12 days. Then I decided that I didn’t like the border fabric that I had ordered, the larger minion print that is in the yellow blocks. With this darker sashing fabric, I decided I would rather have the larger minion print in the orange blocks. I thought that would be especially good because the navy sashing fabric has orange dots in it.

During that time frame, I was also packing for my Poughkeepsie trip. I left on the 7th, worked the show on the 7th and 8th and then flew home on the 9th. Unpacked, did laundry and repacked on the 10th and flew out on the 11th for Fargo ND to teach at Red Pine Quilt Shop in Detroit Lakes MN the 12th-14th, flying home again on the 15th. Now I’m home for a week before I head out to TX for another week.

I do have to show you some things from the Dutchess Heritage show and Red Pines visit, though.....so I’ll do two more posts and then I’ll get to start almost up to date!

2 comments:

  1. Paula, I thought of you (of course) when Lori Kennedy posted a bat quilting tutorial! http://theinboxjaunt.com/2017/10/17/the-spooky-bat-a-machine-quilting-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that, too, and thought that it was really cute!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...