That said, I expected more difficulty than I got. The MuVit foot did a good job of getting it sewn down with a minimum of hair pulling. I just have to steam the piece to flatten the binding a bit.
As shown on the screen above, my needle position (lower right hand corner) and laser position (just to the right of the picture of the laser) are both set at 3.5 because I want the needle to sew right down that laser line.
I will definitely use this foot for binding and diagonal grid. At this point, I won't use it for stitching in the ditch because of the closed sole plate -- I just can't see in there to make sure I'm on the correct (low) side of the ditch. However, I have asked for an open toe sole plate and Brother has been extremely and quickly responsive to requests in the past, so keeping my fingers crossed as to delivery date. I hope it's soon!
Tomorrow I fly to Chicago to do some more video work. It's going to be over 100 degrees here at home all week and in the high 60's/low 70's in Chicago -- hooray! Boot weather!
Brother has provided me with the DreamWeaverTM XE, but all opinions expressed are entirely my own....