Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sew Cal Gal's Free Motion Challenge

As a quilting teacher, you would probably expect me to understand the value of taking classes, honing one's skills, practicing a lot -- easier said than done for those of us on the road a lot!  But for the next five days, I'll be in Rancho Cordova taking Cindy Needham's "My Designs" workshop.  From what I understand of Cindy's background, she was once in the place where I am now -- very proficient with stencils, but not as experienced or confident with freehand designs.  This is what I want my emphasis to be over the next few days.

One of the other students brought in a piece she's been working on and it's from Sew Cal Gal's current Free Motion Challenge tutorial -- I was very excited because the current free motion tutorial is mine!   Here's the link:  http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/2012/09/2012-free-motion-quilting-challenge.html

So Cindy was Ms. June and her tutorial is awesome -- here the link to it:  http://www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-fmq-challenge-by-cindy-needham.html

It was fun to be Ms. September!  If you get a chance, check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally envious of your opportunity to take the class from Cindy!! Her quilting is awesome! Can't wait to see your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great challenge proposed. You can see my work here:
    http://soynessy.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/mochilita-acolchada-2012-fmq-challenger.html
    I've been fortunate to win a dvd of you had donated in the draw for the participants of the challenge, I'm looking forward to and to enjoy it arrives. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...