Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Quilt Market - Part 1

I always look forward to Quilt Market and getting to work with my friends at Mettler is one of the best parts!  Here's my badge on a Mettler lanyard (Mettler donates those every Market so everybody got one) -- my badge has a cool skull pin from Cheryl Sloboda -- have you seen her sewing skull T-shirts?  Very cool, and since one of the major distributors is carrying her things now, perhaps you'll see them at a quilt store near you!

Next to my badge is my BadAss Quilters lanyard and pin -- nice and red and sassy!  Feel so evil when I wear it!  Ummm....not really evil, maybe just a little bit more daring -- like maybe I can put that fun skull with roses fabric into a quilt!


One of the things I love about Quilt Market is seeing all kinds of new stuff -- here are the goodies I either bought or was given while I was there.....



 I was first introduced to Bosal fusible woven interfacing by Cindy Needham, one of the most amazing quilters I know.  Cindy uses it to stabilize Radiance, a beautiful 50% silk 50% cotton fabric from Robert Kaufman.  I've been to Cindy's retreats where she has had smaller pieces of this available, so I was happy to find it in larger cuts.  I bought four packages of white and one of black.
 

Quilter's Dream Pink batting is an 80% cotton/20% poly blend.  It has a really nice feel to it.  They were giving out fat quarters, so I'll quilt up a sample piece and see how I like it.  I have loved everything else I have ever used from Quilter's Dream, so I'm sure I'll like this, too!





This cool needle minder bat was a gift from Linda McGehee, owner of Ghee's, an online notion, pattern and sewing store.  Linda travels a lot, teaching her purses, vests and other garments -- and always finds cool bat stuff for me!  Love that -- thank you, Linda!  And if you are looking for new things to make, fancy sparkly zippers or other fun things, go to Ghees.com and check out all the goodies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...