Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cowgirl Cookies -- Yum!!


Why the baking urge struck a couple of days ago on one of the hottest days of the summer isn't exactly a mystery -- I bought one of those small cookbooks at the grocery store and started leafing through it. Cowgirl Cookies seemed to be the order of the day. The recipe has a couple of healthy things in it, like rolled oats, pecans and an egg, but from there on the journey is definitely all downhill....

Besides the 3/4 cup of coated candies (i.e., M&M's), there was an additional 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips needed. Gremlins seemed to have gotten into my CC supply, so I raided my baking cupboard and found several little bags, each with just a few pieces in them -- little bits of chocolate chips, tiny peanut butter cups and some chocolate chunks. All together, I had just about the required 3/4 cup, so made the decision that variety was good.

These cookies are awesome and easy; the recipe directs you to roll the dough into 1-1/2" balls and place them on the cookie sheet. I used the smallest size of Pampered Chef dough scoop that I had; it was probably about that size. The recipe made 2-1/2 dozen cookies using that scoop. We shared a few with a neighbor, but have pretty much gone through the rest ourselves -- the picture above is all that are left!


This is the Betty Crocker book that the recipe is in -- it's one of the recipes from the lady pictured on the cover, who calls herself "Bakerella!" That name just seems to me like it should be pink and have sparklies all over it! I have found at least a dozen things I have to make from this little book, hopefully when it cools off a bit!

It's a good thing my mind is totally on food, because after a summer recess, the six of us are getting together at Fay and Leith's tonight for another gourmet dinner -- pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Paula,

    I am wondering if your class in Ridgecrest would address my needs.

    I have never machine quilted before and I don't know the first step to starting. I have a Bernina 1008 that my mother used that is probably 8 years old. I don't know what kind of feet I would need for the machine or what I have that would work.

    Thank you for your help.

    Julie Stayton
    jstayton@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.bakerella.com/

    Paula, Bakerella has a blog and it's simply wonderful to look through.
    It will be hard not to want to make cake pops!
    Didn't get to say goodbye to you but Dawna or Fay might have mentioned my husband and I have moved to the Huntsville, Alabama area in June.
    If you're ever teaching or traveling in this area, hope you'll give me a holler. Take care. Nancy Enault

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...