Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Color Extravaganza Quilt Retreat -- Mercer WI


The trees and fall colors are so gorgeous here! After a week of 90-100 degree temps in my SoCal desert home, I was SO ready to travel to some "traditional" fall weather. Pine Forest Lodge is just a perfect place to be right now!

I taught a Halloween applique class today, so got to wear my new T-shirt featuring ghosts, a haunted house and "Halloween" spelled out in orange sparkly crystals! I know it's a little early, but just had to do it!


The views out of the classroom windows and from the front porch.....















Bonnie working on her ghost block....


Pam Gray of Pamella's Place in Genesee Depot WI brought lots of fabrics, embellishments, threads, needles -- you know, the stuff we need!










She also brought Bernina 440 machines for everyone to use!





A pumpkin that already has the reverse applique eyes and mouth is ready to be appliqued onto the orange print background fabric.


Joan and her finished pumpkin block.....


Bonnie's three blocks ready for the side borders....I'm posting this at about 8:30pm; tomorrow when I have light again, I'll take a picture of all the retreaters with their quilt tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...