Got the top put all together yesterday:
Then I went to Bolts in the Bathtub, my local quilt shop in Lancaster CA, to find backing and binding fabric:
Love fabric with words in it and the candy fabric will make great binding -- unless I change my mind and use one of the pinks or the red that I used for the bows.
I was down to my last 4" strip of that beautiful red fabric that was part of one of Alex Anderson's earliest fabric collections. I sent her a majorly sad face message and she sent me some out of her stash! (Thank you again, Alex -- I owe you bigtime!). So I'm not sure I want to waste that precious fabric on binding!
Going through my fabrics for this project, I found a few leftover layer cake pieces, so incorporated them into the back:
I've cut 91" of Wsrm & White batting, So now to go get it pinned up!