Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Booked My July/August Trip -- 8 Flights!

It's always challenging to book these trips, especially one as complicated as my July 11/August 7 trip that involves eight flights (with plane changes, etc., that's 15 actual boardings) on two airlines to five states, going to two major quilt shows, three dealers and a sewing machine convention -- all this within a span of 28 days!

I'm really looking forward to this trip! My first stop is in Knoxville TN to teach at the AQS show there. The last time I taught for AQS was three or four years ago when the show was still being held at the Old Opryland Hotel in Nashville. My roommate was Bethany Reynolds -- LOVE HER -- and we had an absolutely super time teaching, eating and exploring that huge hotel. Bethany had arrived before me and scoped everything out; I really appreciated that since I can get lost in a round room and she knew where everything was and was able to direct me.

I remember one particularly good dinner at the Old Hickory Steak House with Bethany, Pepper Cory and Janet Jones Worley -- great steak and good sides, including a lobster mac and cheese. Yeah, I blew through my teaching per diem and paid the overage out of pocket, but it was SO worth it!

This year, I'm flying into Knoxville on Monday, July 11, and am one of the quilt show judges on Tuesday. Then I'm teaching four classes, as follows:

Wednesday, 8/13 Introduction to Machine Quilting

Thursday, 8/14 Borders & Bindings

Friday, 8/15 Trapunto by Machine

Saturday, 8/16 Free Motion Quilting

There are still openings in all of these classes, as well as many taught by other people, so if you are planning to attend the show -- or even if you are just thinking about it -- sign up! Come see a great show and take some fun classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...