Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pre-Retreat Retreat Part 2


I got bored piecing Christmas fabric, so I pieced a kit that I bought from my local quilt store, Bolts in the Bathtub in Lancaster CA.  The pattern is called "Spooky Ride" by Tiffany Hayes of Needle in a  Hayes Stack.  It was quick and easy to put together... I did the main part of the quilt and three of the borders in a day and then the last two borders the next morning.  Of course, I love it because there lots of bats in the fabrics!  Especially the outside purple border!  That's Beth helping me hold the quilt.


Beth was working on a flying geese project that will be a bed size quilt as a gift for her niece.  Beth invited me to join her and three friends at Sierra Stars: 


Bobbie was hard at work on a Judy Niemeyer project with lots of baggies separating cut pieces all ready to sew.


Joy finished several projects, including one that Beth posted on Facebook that was one of my patterns, Shoofly Hearts. I had never walked into a group where someone was piecing one of my patterns before, so that was really cool!  She finished that, went on to a couple of other things, and ...


when I took the pictures on the last morning, Joy was working on an attic windows quilt featuring Christmas kitties -- cute!!


Frieda doesn't quilt, but, man, can she cook!  She did all the cooking and made some very yummy things.  I don't think if you rent the house that she comes with it, though... darn!


So just as I was getting ready to leave, rain and hail started coming down.  I think I'm doomed to drive around in bad weather on my trips!

If you are interested in gathering up some of your quilting friends, here is a description of Sierra Stars Quilting Vacations as well as contact information:

"Introducing Sierra Stars Quilting Vacations: A unique time to do what you love, with friends who share your passion.  Come for a weekend or a week and enjoy a getaway filled with quilting or crafting and the natural beauty of the Lake Tahoe region."

You can reach Beth in a few ways:

Email:  info@SierraStarsQuilting.com

Website: www.SierraStarsQuilting.com

Phone: 858-922-0892

I highly recommend this and will definitely go there again!  Thanks Beth, Bobbie, Joy, and Frieda for a fun and productive sewing experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...