Thursday, July 30, 2015

Using Up the "Leftovers"




Today I gathered up all of the extra four patches, triangles and fabric from the Buckeye Beauty quilt top and pieced the back. Yes, I know it takes a whole lot more time than just sewing a seam down two hunks of fabric, but I love the look and I save a bit of money.

Pattern called for 4-2/3 yards of fabric for backing. I bought 1-1/4 yards and had a few inches left over.


Not counting the backing fabric I bought, this is exactly how much I had left -- I stuck the mechanical pencil on top so you could see how little my pile is!

Since I am not exactly known for my thriftiness when quilt stores are concerned, it's probably a good thing that I am making a valiant attempt to use it all up!


When I went to Bolts in the Bathtub to buy my 1-1/4 yards, I took a picture of Dawna in front of her quilt made of the exact same fabrics, the reason I bought them in the first place.

So I think it's becoming a Strip Club summer -- I've been buying the patterns and fabrics directly from Cozy Quilts and also from Bolts in the Bathtub. The stack of piecing to do is pretty high; I'd better get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...