Saturday, July 1, 2017

Productive Friday

Being home for the summer (well, mostly) is very cool in that I get a lot of sewing done. Yesterday, my first focus was getting all the leaves done on the Wishing Tree.


I'm using two different variegated threads, Mossy Greens and Field Greens from the Mettler PolySheen polyester embroidery thread line. I don't know that you can absolutely look at it and say "Yeah, she used two threads" or if the look will be more subtle than that, but I like the shading.


Here's the back; I'm using a Mettler 100% cotton silk finish thread in a medium tan.


Marked the boo-boo so I can go back and fix it.


By the end of the afternoon, they were all done!


Here's a closeup!

After I finished the leaves, I changed up the machine to do some piecing. Continuing on with the Weekend Candy quilt, I've now cut all 11 fabrics, 8 of them are on the quilt and the other 3 are pieced together and ready to go on. It will just take a short amount of time, so I'm going to finish that up today and then concentrate on the fills for the ground at the bottom of the Wishing Tree. If I have time "left over" (depends on what Dan wants to do today or if he's working, too) I'll start on the panel background. I already have it drawn out on my vinyl design sheet and the quilt marked with a 1-1/2 grid, so it's just a matter of grabbing one of my Westalee straight edge quilting rulers and getting it done!

Are you sewing today? What are you working on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...