Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Quiet night last night -- went to bed around 10. I never go to New Year's Eve parties because I can't stay up that late! Didn't even wake up at midnight to the sound of shots being fired into the air in celebration -- do people do that where you live? This is the first year that I can remember not being startled awake at midnight; maybe the people who were shooting moved....

Quilt update: After being away from the machine for a couple of weeks with a sprained ankle (again! same one!), I put all the blocks together and added the first border, which is pieced.


So now my quilt top is at the same point as Dawna's -- it's 72" square with this first border. I'm going to add a 2" finished red border and then a 6" snow/reindeer print border. If you enlarge the photo and look at the top center, you will see the fabrics I'm using -- or I could stop being so lazy and go upstairs and take a pic!


Here they are....so after adding these two borders the quilt will be 88" square. I think it would be a good quilt to go on top of the regular quilt on the bed in the guest room during the winter months. Even though we're in southern California, we live in the high desert. Gets very cold at night; it was 34 last night and 28 earlier in the week.

After I get these borders on, I'm going to take a break from this quilt and work on a quilt given to me half a million years ago by my friend Millie Kaiser in Columbia MO. She owns Appletree Quilting in Columbia, an absolutely beautiful shop! If you haven't been there and happen to be in the St. Louis area, it's only about a 2 hour drive to Columbia and well worth the detour.

Today I'm settling in with my coffee (of course, I'll switch to wine after noon!) to watch the college football games. The Rose Bowl, of course, but this morning there are a couple of games well worth watching; think I'll go for Michigan State vs. Baylor....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Palmdale CA

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Paula! I love your quilt! We had those fabrics in mom's quilt shop in Kearney, NE (I hope you remember Phyllis :) ) and they sold very quickly! People really loved the gray instead of gold for a change. Enjoy your bowl games and your wine! We are heading to hang out with friends to watch the playoff games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the fabrics last year and hadn't decided what to do with them until I saw Dawna's quilt; I'm really happy the way it's turning out. We went to visit friends and watched the Oregon (go, Ducks!)-Florida State game and the Ohio State-Alabama game. Both the teams we were rooting for won so it was a good football day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...