Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What a Gorgeous Morning!

If you follow me on Facebook or see all the health stuff posted to my Pinterest page, you probably know that I'm somewhat of a workout fanatic. My friend Tami and I have been walking 3 miles almost every weekday morning since 1998 and for the past year and a half I've been working with my trainer, Shelly Joseph, three times a week. My goal in all of this is to be able to keep up with my workload, flying 40 times a year and slinging around those 50 pound suitcases even though I'm past a lot of people's retirement age.

But there are also those unintended side benefits, like getting home from my walk and getting to see this out my back window!








These were taken just a few minutes apart as the sunrise colors developed -- looks like the sky is on fire! After seeing that and having a couple of cups of coffee and some quiche left over from yesterday's baking binge, I was ready to start my day.

About that quiche! I saw in one of Mark Sisson's cookbooks, Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals, that you could use either coconut milk or heavy cream in the Broccoli Quiche recipe. I've always used heavy cream, but didn't have any on hand. I had a 14-1/2 oz. can of Trader Joe's Coconut Cream (they explained in one of TJ's Fearless Flyer why it was named that, but it is actually coconut milk) in the pantry, so decided to give it a try.

It was kind of slow going getting it whisked in because the coconut cream collected at the top of the can has a Crisco like texture, but it baked up nicely (although it took 40 minutes rather than the 20 stated in the recipe) and tasted really good. I'll see if I can find the recipe on his website and Pin It to my Paleo/Low Carb Yummies board.

I've been going through the cookbook and finding all kinds of yum things to make -- getting to cook is one of the cool fringe benefits of being in town for a bit!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Palmdale CA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...