Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Quilter's Coop -- Temecula CA

When my friend, Joanne Maxson, moved her shop late last year, I promised myself that I would get there to see it. Two things really worked to make this happen: 1) my lecture in Vista was over around noon, so I got to hit the road early; and 2) the shop was practically on my way home!

Other shoppers who had been there told me how much bigger the new shop was than the old one (which I remember was pretty darn cute) and that it was decorated differently, too. So off I went, camera in hand!


First I peeked in the window to see all the fun things within! The city of Temecula is strict about its signage regulations, so you won't find a sign other than on the windows. Quilter's Coop is located at 28677 Old Town Front Street in one of the old West style buildings there; phone is 951-694-3600.

What I could see from the window is that the shop is laid out in vignettes; each area has a specialty, such as holiday, or baby, or primitive.


Hanging from the ceiling is a string of small wool hangings; there are also some small wool quilts on the back wall. The white bookcase at the left of the picture is full of all of the supplies you need to work in this medium.




Bolts, bundles, rolls, charm packs -- everything to get ready for Santa!




There are beautiful pieces of furniture in the store, such as this dresser where a collection of framed embroidered samples are arranged.



















And look at this great display -- in and on top of a PINK STOVE!

























This new fabric line was interesting -- in each of the prints, there is a line drawing of a small animal concealed within the print; there are owls, butterflies, lambs, and so on. Some of them are done so subtly that it is fairly hard to find them, especially in the tone-on-tone colorations.





If you are traveling to Temecula and enter "Quilter's Coop" in your GPS, you will probably see two addresses: the one on Old Town Front Street and one on Main Street. The shop was moved not quite a year ago from the Main Street address to the current one and the new shop is so much bigger and has so much more "good stuff"!

I could not get over how much floor space there was and I was grateful that the classroom in the new store is not up a flight of stairs!




These fairy panel quilts are so pretty -- I really liked the Autumn Fairy.....





















...but LOVED the Winter Fairy! I'm going to have to do a Google Search and see if there are other fairy panels in this series.



















Most of what I bought after the workshop last Wednesday was Halloween themed, but the next day, I had evidently switched my holiday mindset to Christmas! Of course, I had to have that cute Christmas Fairy kit and three other Christmas fabrics -- just loved the holly print and, of course, Joanne had perfect coordinates displayed right next to it.

Over a yummy lunch (thank you, Joanne!) we got caught up on our families, friends and projects -- Joanne will be a new grandma soon. I'll bet that baby will have a few quilts!

To see the class schedule and keep up with what is going on at the shop, you can go to the website, http://www.quilterscooptemecula.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...