Monday, September 7, 2009

Working on a New Trapunto Class

Today, I hope, is a sewing day! Yesterday, I curled up with a good book and a notebook, so it was a "read a little, write a little" day. I have been mulling over ideas for a new workshop that I could offer to guilds and shops; I wanted to incorporate color into my trapunto by machine techniques and was playing with ideas and projects to make this happen and to make it fun for the quilters who take these classes.


The first thing I had to decide was -- what color? And then to choose the fabric that would "shadow" the color best. The fabric on the left is a white broadcloth; the fabric on the right is a bleached quilters' muslin. After smoothing them over the bright grass green fabric, I decided that the broadcloth allowed more of the green to show through. It is important to choose a bright or dark fabric underneath as the white or cream fabric used for the top layer will mute the color intensity quite a bit.



Some of the materials I will use in the project: Vanish Extra water soluble thread, some Sulky rayons in three values of grass green, the fabrics and, of course, my directions that I wrote up yesterday.

Now -- to get to the machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...