Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today's a Packing Day....

Tomorrow I leave on a ten day teaching trip in North and South Carolina; I spend at least a week or so each fall in Bernina District O, which emcompasses NC, SC, TN and VA, teaching in the stores of the Bernina dealers who sign up for me.

This time I will be visiting four Bernina dealers located in Greensboro NC, Asheville NC, Greenville SC and West Columbia SC. This will be the fourth or fifth time I have been to Randy's Quilt Shop in Greensboro; Randy has what we call a "standing order" -- if I'm in the South, I'm going to teach in his shop! Love that! And it will be super to see Randy, Debbie, Denise, Ellen and the rest of the gang again....I'll do a lecture there for their quilt guild as well as a two day machine quilting workshop.

From Randy's, I go to the Asheville Cotton Company and reconnect with Robin, Chip and Michelle. They have moved, so I get to see the new shop and have dinner with them at yet another delightful place. I still have good memories of Madison's, the restaurant where they took me a couple of years ago -- yum!

The next two shops, Bernina Sewing Center in Greenville SC and Creative Sewing Machine Center in West Columbia SC, are new to me. I've talked several times on the phone to owners and store staff in both stores; everyone is so friendly and excited about my visit that I know these stores will go right on my "favorites" list! It's always fun to explore new places and meet new people!

As my trip progresses, I will post pictures of the stores and class projects so you can see everything that's going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...