Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Dolly's Garden"


This picture was taken at HMQS in the booth of the Utah Quilt Guild. It was made by my friend, Josephine Keasler, and here is her statement:

"When my friend Dolly passed away last year I decided that I wanted to use my quilting skills to make something to honor her. It just so happened that the Utah Quilt Guild Quilt Festival chairperson had not selected the Opportunity Quilt for 2010. So I asked her if I made the Garden Club quilt that had won more than 5 awards in the last year, or so, as the opportunity quilt would she accept it. To add more to my stress levels, she said yes.

"With everything else that I already had scheduled on my calendar I proceeded to order the pattern and jump into the project. It took 3 months to make this quilt and I am soooo glad it's finished in time to be displayed in the various shows that we will have in Utah this spring and summer.

"One of the blocks in this quilt has the name of Josephine. It's the blue flower series that is in a group of five stems and is also in a cross section block. We've named the quilt "Dolly's Garden" in honor of my friend Gloria D. Leiding. Hope you get a chance to see it. The quilt measures approximately 86X68 and all the flowers and leaves are appliqued. It will be traveling until October when the winning ticket will be pulled at Quilt Fest in Midway, UT."

All I can say is, "WOW!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...