Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meeting the Newest Addition to the Family

With all these posts, you'd think I was in the Folsom/Placerville area for a week instead of just three days!

In the morning, before the quilt shops, Carol and I went to Babies R Us. She became a grandmother in February and one of the reasons that Dan and I made the trip up here was to meet our new nephew (or great-nephew or grand-nephew or whatever!).


So of course I had to buy clothes -- because you just can't meet a new family member empty handed! Babies R Us has really cute stuff! We especially liked all the frilly pink wonderful things for girls, but I guess we have to wait for that.....HINT! HINT! to Kim and Jason! Well, I guess we all have to give you time to get used to one baby....


But there were some things-that-jump-into-the-cart for boys, too -- like this fun tank top and those adorable little shoes...














My niece Kim, her husband Jason and Brendon
at my sister's house in Placerville.

















It's hard to imagine Carol's and my mom as a great-grandmother! She's liking this...

After dinner, Dan and I went back to the hotel; we stayed at a brand new Hampton Inn in Folsom.



The hotel carpet could certainly be an inspiration for some curved piecing as background for applique and/or embellishment?











I liked the way the background changed colors...





On our drive home Tuesday morning, we saw more beautiful wildflowers.

Now I'm pretty much caught up, blog-wise, until I leave again -- today! I'll be flying to Phoenix to teach at Sew From the Heart in Scottsdale AZ for two days, then to Salt Lake City for the Home Machine Quilting Show and a class at Nuttall's; last stop is in Las Cruces NM for a two day workshop at the Bernina Sewing and Design Center.

I will have a very busy schedule and possibly intermittent access to the internet, so may not be posting everything as it happens. However, I promise to take lots of pictures at HMQS and get them up as soon as possible...

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...