Monday, May 3, 2010

Sew From the Heart -- Scottsdale AZ


It has been my good fortune to teach at Sew From the Heart twice before this, so it was a familiar and welcome sight when we pulled up to the shop. I first visited the shop in 2003 while Dan and I were on vacation in Scottsdale, so we stopped in, browsed around and bought a little fabric. The owners, Susie and Hank Parker, were on a trip themselves, so I didn't get to meet them that first time.

After that, we did connect and I taught at the shop in the fall of 2008 and February 2009...


This was the first thing I saw when I walked in the door this morning -- it's good to be asked back!


An excellent selection of threads with beautiful quilts displayed on the wall above the fixtures. Aurifil is carried here as well as a wide variety of threads made by Superior. For embroiderers, there are many, many colorful spools of Isacord!



The Bernina section of the store has all of the machines threaded and ready for customers to try. There are sewn-out samples on the tables, on the walls -- everywhere you look!











Susie made these banners to draw attention to the Bernina 830 when it came out....














This is one of the two HandiQuilter models in the store -- both the Fusion and the Avante are on display and available for everybody to play with...


And, of course, I had to cruise the fabric! Printed minkee really caught my eye -- look at all the cool pink prints at the left of the shelf!


This beautiful star quilt was a block of the month project from Sew From the Heart.












Had to get a good close-up of the pretty quilting with the variegated thread.





Next post -- the classroom and the fun people in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...