Thursday, February 12, 2015

How I Fell in ~LOVE~ with Quilting & Craftsy's Valentine's Sale!!

I didn’t know how to sew, but had always done a bit of handwork – knitted since I was 8 years old, embroidered, did cross-stitch – the usual stuff for girls who like colors and textures! A friend of mine, Mary Ponce, had made quilts all her life as had her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother before her. I used to hang out with her in her sewing room, listening to her, watching her work and absorbing everything she was doing. (She moved away from southern California in 1992 and just broke my heart – having a best friend leave is really hard!) One day, through a bunch of circumstances including locking car keys in a trunk and deciding to spend the day at home, I pieced, quilted and bound my very first easy-peasy quilt. I turned out to be a pretty good piecer and an OK appliquer, but my true love turned out to be the machine quilting. It became my passion – enough so that three years later I left my day job and went into quilting for customers full time on my domestic machine. Here we are, 25 years after that first quilt, and I am still loving it!

What wonderful crafty things to YOU love?? Craftsy is having a BIG Valentine's Sale... up to 50% off ALL classes... Fall in LOVE with your craft all over again! Click HERE for the special Valentine's pricing!



Of course I would LOVE for you to take my Craftsy class but there are lots of other fabulous classes too! A few that I LOVE are...

Machine Quilting Negative Space with Angela Walters. AMAZING LADY AND AMAZING CLASS!! This class is on sale too... click HERE for the sale price!



Another wonderful class is Four Simple Fabrics, One Amazing Quilt with Tiffany Hayes. WOW... ideas, ideas, ideas!!  Click HERE for the sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...