Saturday, February 7, 2015

Stitch Fix #8

The second clothing service that I use is Stitch Fix. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, but if I wanted to shop any of those cute boutiques it would be at least 1-1/2 hours of driving in ridiculous traffic, hassling to find a parking space that I have to pay for, and then another drive back. NOT!

So Stitch Fix really works for me! My very first stylist was Erin; I've had a couple since, but really feel that Erin "gets me" so on my last review during the online check-out process, I asked for her again. She didn't disappoint me...






In the box, you get a note from your stylist showing you different ways to wear what she has chosen and a postpaid bag for anything you want to return. You can just drop the bag in a mailbox.





The first two things I tried on were the pencil skirt with the fake leather front panel and the cobalt blue blouse. I used to think "fake leather" and go Ewww, but it looks really good and it weighs less than real leather, a consideration when one travels the way I do. So the skirt is an automatic "Keep" and the blouse looked good tucked in and also looked good out over black jeans and is one of my most favoritest colors, so it's a "Keep", too.











Wasn't sure about this top at first, but then put a sweater over it to break up the print and it was definitely a "Keep".





This was surprisingly slimming on. Erin suggested pairing it with dark denim skinny jeans and tan boots -- that'll work once I can wear boots again! Foot is doing so much better; I think I'll be wearing cute shoes in a couple of weeks!





The jeans I'm wearing are from a prior Stitch Fix and so is the top; the top is a black lace tank with fake leather trim around the armholes.





I always have trouble with wraps -- what the heck do you do with all that fabric? But then when I put it on, it was so soft and comfy and I like the stripes down the back. It would be good for convention halls (like tomorrow through Tuesday's VDTA -- come visit me in the Mettler booth!) and other places where you just need a little something to take the air conditioning chill off.





Then I added this belt from Chico's that I've had practically forever but was a little too big for me and -- it's a "Keep".

So this Fix was a total success and I'm keeping everything -- Erin, B Mine 4Ever!

Oh, and cost for whole thing was $195 for all five pieces. That was after a 25% discount for keeping everything. So, let me know -- would you have kept everything? Or what would you have returned?

I'll bet you'll be happy when I can sew again...

-- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Palmdale CA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...