Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Notes for Monday


First, the minion block of the day, then I pulled out a project that I started in June and put away for a couple of months.


This is a gift for my friend Rhonda Lopez. In late spring, she and her husband Steve bought a toy hauler and did some camping with the family over the summer. They call it their tiny house and I think it needs a quilt.


I bought a layer cake and some charm packs along with a black honey bun for the block borders and sashings. Well, let me just say that I didn't know the lint roller trick? And every time I work on this quilt, little black fuzzy dots are all over the ironing board, work table, sewing machine and cabinet, and me! What a mess!


Blocks are done and I've made 31 of these so far to use as vertical sashings between the blocks, so I have enough to do the layout and start sewing rows. I would love to get that done today and then resume the sashings. They have a lot of little pieces so aren't fast to make.


The last thing I did yesterday afternoon was play with fabric. I saw this quilt pattern in issue 51 of Love Patchwork and Quilting; it was made with the Blueberry Park line designed by Karen Lewis. I've already pieced two quilts with these fabrics and love them! Didn't have enough, though, for this quilt so I ordered a stash builder from Craftsy -- looks like there is every fabric in this huge line! Yay! There are some fat eighths, fat quarters and other larger cuts.

 


Pulled all of these (39) for Pixelated and still have 40 more cuts. Need more of the whites so ordered those. Think I might start this as a "row of the day" when I finish the minions blocks. 


Too much fabric, too little time! Need to lint roll the ironing board and make the block of the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...