Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hoffman Challenge 2009

These are the Hoffman Challenge quilts that were displayed at Road to California; as with the New Zealand entries, I was impressed with the creativity, the workmanship and the thought involved to put these beautiful art quilts out there for all of us to see:


More rectangular and square quilts than in the New Zealand entries....










I was buying fabric for a couple of projects yesterday at my local quilt shop, Bolts in the Bathtub, and saw the 2010 Hoffman Challenge fabric. It is mostly turquoise and there are some very nice coordinates with it. Not to confess a color prejudice, but I think I will like the quilts made from it very much...

2 comments:

  1. that's my quilt! Third pic from the top...the feathered star! My friend Anne pieced this and I quilted it...how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise, surprise while browsing new sites came across your website and lo and behold there is my Hoffman Challenge 2009 entry, 2nd photo down, bottom right hand quilt on wall. Thank you so much for the photos, I live in Australia and am so pleased to have seen it hanging.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...