Friday, October 23, 2009

Dinner and a Pillowcase?

Wednesday night my husband Dan and I went to dinner and the theatre with a good friend and neighbor, Charlene Wasilczyk. We have season tickets to the Mark Taper Forum in downtown Los Angeles with Charlene and her husband, John, but John was sick and missed out on all the fun -- and, of course, the food!

We went to Ciudad, a restaurant owned by Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken (you might remember them as the Two Hot Tamales of Food Network Fame) and located just a few blocks from the theatre. Had to take a picture of my dinner before I totally demolished it -- this was my entree, which was grilled mahi mahi on a bed of saffron mashed potatoes and accented with strands of saffron and two sauces -- it was totally YUM!

And that was after the ceviche and before the most delectable chocolate cake -- woof!

Now on to the pillowcase part of this post: When my goddaughter Destiny went off to college, I decided that I would make seasonal pillowcases as little surprise gifts. She liked the Halloween one so much that I went off in search of fabric suitable for Thanksgiving -- I joked with her that I was looking for turkey fabric with cranberry sauce trim!

Didn't think I would find anything even close, but I went into Bolts in the Bathtub yesterday afternoon and found turkey fabric! And that's not exactly cranberry sauce color, but it works.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...