Thursday, October 29, 2009

Packing Again -- Salt Lake City UT

This trip will be to Salt Lake City for almost a week and then Silver City NM to visit the Southwest New Mexico Quilters Guild, so out tomorrow and back on Sunday, Nov. 8.



Checking in 23 hours and 59 minutes ahead gets me a decent place in line for boarding -- my friend Tina Neal calls this procedure "cattle call" and flies Frontier instead! I'm just happy to be saving lots of $ by not having to pay to check my two 50 lb. bags...

So -- what to pack? My Halloween costume for the party tomorrow night -- check; class materials, including a pattern, for my new Halloween applique class -- almost check (still have to trace the ghost and pumpkins onto a master); demo stuff for my two day machine quilting class (have to pack those times 2 because I'm teaching that in both locations) -- check;



and demo stuff for Borders & Bindings, all of which I stuff into that Omnigrid tote you see off to the right. B&B uses a lot of stuff: a small quilt to demo mitered borders, another small quilt to demo prairie point finishes; a scrap piece of quilted fabric and fabric to cut into strips to bind it with; and a piece of fabric and bias cut strips to demonstrate bias scalloped binding.

As well as all the quilts for my trunk show in Silver City -- and, oh, maybe something to wear? All in two 50 lb suitcases?

Hoping for a miracle.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...