Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Love Unwrapping Goodies -- Especially Fabric!

The best part of getting home, (other than seeing my husband's happy face at the airport, of course!) is going through the mail and opening the boxes that have accumulated while I've been gone. Sometimes I've ordered books, sometimes jeans and things from Chico's -- you know, stuff!

When I was at Asheville Cotton Company last month (click here if you missed my blog on this quilt store in Asheville NC), I was browsing about the shop and found a line of fabrics I really liked. It is called Close to My Heart and is designed by Faye Burgos for Marcus Fabrics. Some of the fabrics have the breast cancer pink ribbon in the print.

As I was running out the door, I pointed at several, but not all, of the fabrics and yelled to Robin "I need a half yard of each of these, please!" I thought later about it and that I wasn't really clear at all about what it was that I wanted, but she got it exactly right.


Not only exactly right, but with a red bow around it....I kind of lifted fabrics up and peeked inside before I took it apart....


Look at all the pretty prints -- love the butterflies, hearts masquerading as polka dots, words of love and encouragement to those afflicted with breast cancer....


A closer look at some of the great prints in this line....


And we can't forget the polka dots!

Robin, thank you so much! Big hugs to you, Chip and Michelle!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the fabric. I really didn't have much to do with it... Michelle and Gwen took care of it. It just took me a while to get to the Post Office!

    Thanks for coming to our store... can't wait to have you come again next year!

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...