Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Away -- Lake Arrowhead CA....


Driving up to Lake Arrowhead for the weekend is always a treat; there's a lot to do if you want to go out and run around or you can light a big fire in the fireplace and sit back and watch the TV coverage of the Olympics. We did a little bit of everything...

Dan and I drove up to the cabin -- actually a three-bedroom house with a really big family room and kitchen -- Friday afternoon and had dinner in. My mother-in-law, Leslie, had made a big pot of spaghetti, I made a salad and we settled in with a fire to watch the slalom skiing and ice dancing.


Close-up of the sign so I know I'm at the right house! The cabin has a wonderful big deck all covered with snow right now with a forest view all around. Leslie has graciously offered it to me if I want to bring up some friends for a sewing retreat some weekend!



She and I decided we wanted to do some shopping today, so first we went to the candle shop in Blue Jay and then went to a couple of quilt shops in Sky Forest. I love this candle and gift shop and make a point of going in every time I'm "up the hill".



There was a pretty display of spring colors with a lot of candles -- some all sparkly with crystals glued all over the entire outside -- and tabletop accessories, such as platters and cups. Behind that are a couple of the varied candle displays.



In the back, there are robes and nightgowns on the left and numerous brands of bath gel, lotions, soaps and other yummy indulgences.



A front window display of beverage glasses and candles. I bought a couple of WoodWick candles -- I just love these; they come in wonderful fragrances and make crackling sounds like a fireplace as they burn. I bought Honeysuckle, but my favorite is Pumpkin Spice, hard to find this time of year.

So I guess I'll just have to come back in the fall for the Pumpkin Spice!

2 comments:

  1. Love Lake Arrowhead! We'll be heading up that way in July. Can't wait to hit those quilt shops ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good to see that you are enjoying yourself, my friend. Everyone needs "kickin' back" time.

    Thanks for sharing the snow picture! I miss it, being in FL for the winter, kickin' back.

    xxoo
    neen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...